Designing UI/UX using Job Stories
I have had a tough time creating personas and user stories (as they depend upon personas). Here comes the job stories and they really seems to be better alternative. Alan Klement describes how to create effective job stories:
- Start with the high level job.
- Identify a smaller job or jobs which help resolve the higher level job.
- Observe how people solve the problem now (which job do they currently use).
- Come up with a Job Story, or Job Stories, that investigate the causality, anxieties, and motivations of what they do now.
- Create a solution (usually in the form of a feature or UI change) which resolves that Job Story.